[Nottingham] Arduino (Hardware bit-twiddling fun)

Peter Woods peterwoods at f2s.com
Thu Feb 14 21:56:08 GMT 2008

Martin wrote:
> Folks,
>
> This month's Linuxformat mag (LXF 103, MARCH) covers amongst many things
> the Arduino 'open source' hardware and running your own bit-twiddling
> code on there.
>
> Anyone else interested in playing and combining code & hardware?
>
> Arduino Wars even?! NLUG-A splinter group...? ;-)
>

> Let me know, if there's interest I could put in a group order.
>
> Cheers,
> Martin

The Arduino feature started in LF100 Christmas edition.
I've got (don't ask) a KURTA graphics pad with a((n old)MAC interface))
(I forget the name of it, it's the mouse i/f on OLD macs.)
The hardware side of it (as I recall from Google) is simple enough, and
should be simple to implement on the Arduino.
(Converting to USB that is.)
The s/w side of it  probably requires access  to  drivers which will
only be in Yellow Dog stuff
(old mac stuff as you know.)
I would be interested in mucking in with hardware stuff, but I've no
idea about YellowDog/mac s/w.
Anyone interested in helping?

Pete Woods