[Nottingham] ASUS eee PC

ForkBombFluf fluf at freeshell.org
Mon Jan 7 23:01:23 GMT 2008

On Mon, 7 Jan 2008, Andrew Beale wrote:

> I must admit I bought one the week they came out.  Give me a few days and I
> will attempt to write a coherent review.
>
> Andy

"Coherent"?  Surely that's the verbal equivalent of dangling a carrot on a
stick in front of a blind rabbit, my dearest! :-)

All my love to the Eee PC owners of the world, who have obviously grasped
the notion that bigger isn't always better, regardless of what most spam
e-mail would have you believe!

OK, so in my very fleeting experience of the device (ie. "Here!" *Andy
folds it into a paper airplane and sails it across the room to me* "Could
you make it talk to the wireless for me, Snugglebunny?") I have to admit
the keys and the screen could stand to be a little bigger for my oafish
digits and beady red eyes, but Xandros is packed with warm fuzzy
Linux-ness for those (Not entirely unlike Martin L.) who harbor a
passionate hatred for anything Microsoft.

How's that for incoherent?

-Stef