[Nottingham] ASUS eee PC

Roger Light roger at atchoo.org
Tue Jan 8 10:57:21 GMT 2008

On Tue, Jan 08, 2008 at 10:26:50AM +0000, Duncan John Fyfe wrote:

> >From playing with one at pc world, my biggest concern is that the
> > keyboard is too small.
>
> That was my impression too.   I am also interested in: How the
> applications perform - the spec 900Mhz celery + 512 MB + SSD look
> reasonable but is openoffice actually usable on that tiny screen ?

Don't forget that it's clocked at 630MHz despite being a 900MHz part.
>From my playing in pc world openoffice seemed ok - I don't think that
the screen resolution is *that* much of an issue - sure it's small but
then many "big" laptops only do 1024x768 with a 15" display.

> Do the sleep modes actually work (and work well) ?

Where "work well" means "does the wireless still work?" after
resuming... :)

> At ~ 1 Kg in weight and having an external VGA port I am still
> interested in it as a device for doing presentations on foreign work
> trips.

That was the hook for us at work.

Cheers,

Roger