[Nottingham] Linux FAX a complete mess!

Michael Erskine msemtd at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jan 30 19:14:20 GMT 2008

On Wednesday 30 January 2008 15:03:49 Martin wrote:
> I've been wasting a lot of time trying to get a laptop to be able to
> send and receive faxes. Should be easy enough but...

Whoooaa now fella!
What you're describing is a long chain of responsibility: one step at a time
eh?
Let's start with the modem - sounds dodgy to me; laptop modems can be rather
cheap and nasty. Have you previously and successfully used this modem with
this kernel? Can you make it dial with minicom?

Regards,
Michael Erskine.

--
"You can't make a program without broken egos."