[Nottingham] Plans for next week's social

Graeme Fowler graeme at graemef.net
Thu Jan 31 14:03:19 GMT 2008

Hi

On Thu, 2008-01-31 at 13:16 +0000, Michael Erskine wrote:
> Hmmm, interesting: I'm experiencing long delays in messages getting to the
> list. - this is just a test to see if I can get things through over SSL
> quicker.

Your message preceding this one got delayed within Yahoo!

        mail-in-01.lug.org.uk with smtp (Exim 4.63) (envelope-from
        <msemtd at yahoo.co.uk>) id 1JKZKU-0003gK-CQ for
        nottingham at mailman.lug.org.uk; Thu, 31 Jan 2008 13:19:53 +0000

        with plain) by smtp007.mail.ukl.yahoo.com with SMTP;
        31 Jan 2008 11:53:43 -0000

You may find it less likely to be delayed if you use a properly
qualified, resolving internal domain name. Lots of places will score you
up (in spam terms) for using the domain "ketech.local". It almost smacks
of MS Small Business Server :)

Graeme