[Nottingham] My fedora 9 experience (vent/rant included)

Peter Woods peterwoods at f2s.com
Thu Jul 10 18:49:59 BST 2008

Michael Simms wrote:
> I think I need to vent and see if I'm the only one who is currently
> --->this close<--- to just dumping Linux altogether

I can't say I use Fedora, but I've just had a 3 day hiatus due to
weirdos installing Mint5 (on top of Mint4 [no upgrade path! Boo!])
So it's not just RH.

For the record, /I think/ my problem was a random USB stick plugged in
stopped the GRUB loader getting to the HDA drive.
Also nvidia-settings needs root.

Luckily we have live CDs. Try that with Vista!

I left my boy with his old desktop, but an hour later, he had a
dual_screen 3_workspace six_faced "cube" spinning; a new (dark) theme on
transparent wobbly windows and we've just found the back-background is
now called the "Skydome". So that's now set up with an image.
We couldn't go back now.

Pete Woods