[Nottingham] Linux webcam?

Moppett Iain Iain.Moppett at nottingham.ac.uk
Wed Jul 23 09:33:01 BST 2008

I realise this may be going off topic, but could this be the reason why
my USB speakers sometimes work and then stop working later, only to work
again if I go through the 'debugging' process described in numerous
forums (Ubuntu Hardy Heron)?  Just a thought.  I'll try setting the flag
and see.

Iain

....As an aside - if you are using firefox (iceweasel) then you will
probably want to set FIREFOX_DSP="aoss" in your firefoxrc too.
If firefox (or mozilla) with flash extensions is using OSS then you will
find random web sites nobble access to your sound card from other
applications...