[Nottingham] flash drives: U3 insanity.

ForkBombFluf fluf at freeshell.org
Mon Jul 28 13:10:57 BST 2008

Hi Guys,

Quick question, does anyone know of a way to access the U3 gubbins that
automounts as an ISO 9660 "partition" on certain flash drives so that it
is writeable?  I know there is a utility available to remove the U3 system
altogether, but I would rather just clobber the autorun.inf and be able to
use the U3 utility under Windows at my own discretion from time to time.
I am also frustrated by the fact that I can't seem to unmount/eject the
"$%^ thing, in Windows, MacOSX, or Ubuntu!

I am aware that you can hold down shift in Windows to stop it
autolaunching, but would rather it had a default behaviour of just not

-Stef