[Nottingham] Running LOGIC sw in linux

gadget.pat gadget.pat at ntlworld.com
Tue Jun 3 13:13:06 BST 2008

gadget.pat wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I don't know if there are any budding music artists out there using the
> Apple LOGIC sw but if there are, have you managed to run it on linux or
> are you using a mac?
>
> My nephew is studying at college using this sw and I would to help out
> but have no clue about what macs will run the sw without issues (price
> being a major factor here) or whether I could build a linux box running
> some sort of emulator. As i have never gone down the root of Wine or
> VmWare as yet, I don't know how hard it would be.
>
> Is it possible and pretty straight forward or should I just get a cheapo
> mac to save on time and hassle? Any advice welcome.
>
> Thanks
> pat

Hi guys,

Thanks for the replies. It looks like the best/ easiest solution is to
get a mac. From the info you gave and from what I have read so far on
some mailing lists, it looks like I would need something like a
macbook(2gz)or mac pro to run the sw in question with room to manouvre.
Getting LOGIC to run any other way dosn't seem to be a viable option.

Anyway, thanks again.
pat