[Nottingham] Loading GStreamer

Ron Wilton ron_w_add at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 4 19:41:32 BST 2008

I've just been given a DVD recorder drive.

On trying to look at the contents of a DVD disc the 'Totem Movie Player' loads up with a dialogue box asking 'Search for suitable codec?' On pressing the search button I get the 'GStreamer extra plugins' as the most popular choice. When trying to install this I get the following message.

++++
Confirm installation of restricted software

The use of this software may be restricted in some countries. You must verify that one of the following is true:

• These restrictions do not apply in your country of legal residence
• You have permission to use this software (for  example, a patent license)
• You are using this software for research purposes only
++++

Am I right in thinking that we do not have any restrictions in this country?

Thanks for your help

Ron