[Nottingham] Top posting

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue Jun 10 13:04:35 BST 2008

Steve Caddy wrote:
> Martin wrote:
>
>> Please, no top posting
>> The One exception, perhaps?
>> ... Except that is if you're in business and keep an exponentially
[---]
> ...or when reply to someone who is blind and uses a text reader (there's
> a good case of this on comp.sys.sinclair).

That's an interesting example. Is there no semi-auto "skip quote"
function or button to hit?

> I think the biggest sin, above top posting, is not trimming emails.

I agree, but all too easily done when combined with top posting... The
user doesn't get to see (or notice or be 'reminded' of) the thousands of
accumulated lines descending off the bottom of the screen.

You think I exaggerate?...

(I dread to think of the storage and bandwidth wasted. That must be
second only to the spam and virus silliness.)

martin at ml1.co.uk