[Nottingham] security tools

Danny King dannyking at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 10:25:20 BST 2008

Backtrack is a great live distro, I've played a little with it. One
issue I had with it was getting my wireless connection working but
that was due to a lack of knowledge on my part.

Another great live distro is Helix, which focuses on the forensic side
rather than the offensive side. It takes extra steps to never modify
any data on a system, including swap space.

A little unrelated, but interesting none the less is Anonym.OS live
distro, which goes to great lengths to keep you anonymous whilst it's
running.

And lastly Damn Vulnerable Linux is a great live distro to learn from.
It's basically the most insecure distro in the world by design and
comes with tutorials, walkthroughs & howtos on how to break it.

--
- Danny King of Gleaming Pixel Web Design.

Email: danny at gleamingpixel.co.uk / dannyking at gmail.com
Web: www.GleamingPixel.co.uk