[Nottingham] email and spam

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Jun 11 15:05:27 BST 2008

Daniel Sutton wrote:
> I was looking at using SPF but found that our current domain name holder
> doesn't support spf in there DNS records so wondered if anyone had any
> idea of any one who did. Would need to register .com, .co.uk
> <http://co.uk> and .eu addresses.

Go with a hosting where you have direct control of the DNS yourself so
that you can set it up yourself. I'm sure people here can recommend a
few options.

I can recommend who not to go with, hence why I moved hosting a little
while ago. Now, full DNS control included, and at no extra charge.

Note that SPF is not the full story against spam. You still need the
rest of the suit of checks.

Also note the Microsoft spawned confusion for SPF:
http://www.openspf.org/SPF_vs_Sender_ID

... Yet another 'gotcha' to be aware of and to 'work-around'.

martin at ml1.co.uk