[Nottingham] digital camera query

godfrey godfrey at gnnix.co.uk
Sun Jun 22 07:27:31 BST 2008

Hi,

Have recently bought a digital camera (Kodak M883 EasyShare) and am trying to
get the pictures from it.

Plug camera into cable and insert into USB port - good, it recognises that a
USB camera is there. Use digiKam to open the device and after a bit it
displays lots of thumbnail pictures called 100_001.jpg and so on. Great - I
recognise them as the pictures I took. Now to copy them to my hard drive and
save/print/burn to CD whatever. This is where I have problems. Having
displayed all the images as thumbnails, it seems incapable of copying any of
the image files, and I don't know why. All I get is a message "unable to copy
file" and an option to quit or try the next selected image - but they all
fail.

Any suggestions? The manual is no use as it assumes Wind**** or Mac.

Godfrey