[Nottingham] Petition against [music] copyright term extension in the UK

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Mar 5 13:25:15 GMT 2008

Folks,

Comments?

Action?

This is hard on the heels of certain parts of the music industry
recently trying to force/coerce ISPs to do music policing for 'free' for
them...

----- Forwarded message from becky at openrightsgroup.org -----

Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 11:19:05 +0000
From: becky at openrightsgroup.org
Subject: [admin] [Feedback] Petition against copyright term extension in
the UK

[...]
campaign against copyright term extension in the EU
[...]

http://www.soundcopyright.eu/petition

The EU are trying to extend the copyright term in sound recordings -
even though all the evidence we have shows that this will only benefit a
small handful of already affluent performing artists, and a clutch of
major record labels, whilst sentencing vast swathes of musical culture
to rot for 45 years in a commercial vacuum.

We need as many people as possible to oppose this proposal. Please
contact me if I can provide any further information.

Yours with thanks in advance

Becky

----- End forwarded message -----

martin at ml1.co.uk