[Nottingham] A few problems with my computer

Camilo Mesias camilo at mesias.co.uk
Fri May 2 11:37:49 BST 2008

Is it a very old machine? It sounds like the onboard battery needs replacing.

For most modern PCs this is a coin cell type that you can pop out from
the board and replace with a new one.

The other possibility is that a link on the board used to reset the
BIOS has been left in place - if it used to work but has stopped after
you moved the link, I suppose you would know about it. But if the
problem has appeared without any fiddling it's more likely to be the
battery.

-Cam