[Nottingham] Digital cameras & Christmas!

Andrew Beale m1eai at mac.com
Mon Nov 17 20:00:12 UTC 2008

On 17 Nov 2008, at 19:47, Martin wrote:

> Folks,
>
> OK... So I'm bewildered with the digi-camera choice and wild range of
> prices...

No crap, my choice has been to take whats on offer at amazon (end of
line stuff etc)  it work well for a simple point and click person like
me

> ;3: £500 or so DLSR, with "LiveView", and good in low light for such
> as
> astronomy.

Thee BBC Sky at night magazine recommends the the Canon EOS 350D for
the under 500 quid market although there top range one is a Hutech-
modfied cannon 40DH at £1249.  That has had the internal filters
changed for better response in true and near infra red (if I am
reading the article right)

Andy Beale
m1eai at mac.com

false, and by the rulers as useful. - Seneca the Younger