[Nottingham] A most excellent utility of the day!

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Sat Nov 29 12:42:55 UTC 2008

Folks,

I may be behind the times but I've just stumbled across:

man rsnapshot

Most excellent and thorough! Full kudos to that group and open source!

Something that most people should find useful or at least useful to know
about. It certainly makes my scripts from some time ago for doing the
same job look very much neater... And there's good comments in the man page.

Note that HDDs have two states: (1) Crashed; (2) About to crash...

martin at ml1.co.uk