[Nottingham] /usr/lib/at-spi-registryd what?! Network haemorrhage...

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue Apr 28 09:18:53 UTC 2009

Michael Erskine wrote:
>> at-spi-registryd is part of "Assistive Technology Service Provider
>> Interface" - my guess is you don't need it if you don't need it (if
>> you see what I mean!)
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/at-spi

Thanks for finding that. Bug not listed.

I don't think there's any point in adding this one as a current bug...

May 11  2005 /usr/lib/at-spi-registryd

That's on an old internal system where the next shutdown will likely be
its last...

There's an at-spi-registryd running still from when the system was
booted up. Is the ssh x-session spawning a conflicting duplicate daemon?...

I'll soon see if that is still a problem with the upgrade to something
more recent soon-ish on the old machine.

What is more curious is why suddenly now? Due to a recent change/update
in this Mandriva 2009.0 system I'm using to make the ssh connection?

martin at ml1.co.uk