[Nottingham] dell xps m1330

Jim Moore jmthelostpacket at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 14 21:35:07 UTC 2009

try it with a live DVD. If it boots and runs, then it's a software
problem. If it doesn't, then it's defective hardware - whip the drive
out (should be a catch or screw on the underside of the unit at the
back of  the drive), make note of  the make and model number of the
drive and order an OEM part - DL burners go for around £30 new these
days, then it's just a case of swapping the fascias (I didn't bother
with the one in my Inspiron 8200 cos the flat OEM fascia sits flush
with the laptop case anyway).

If you get stuck, get  round to The Computer Shop on Hartley Road,
Tony or Lawrence should see you right  (and they'll even fit it and
test it for you. Nice, eh?)

HTH