[Nottingham] Converting mp3 to ogg

Jim Moore jmthelostpacket at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 16 01:09:50 UTC 2009

mp3workshop - yes, it's another win32 prog but it handles pretty much
anything to do with wav, mp3 and complex tagging. The bad news: it
doesn't do ogg. Oh yeah, and it, too, works in WINE - with far better
thread handling than in native Win32 environments. There's a
commercial package called TagRename that does just tags, it's an
excellent piece of kit but I've unfortunately had no experience
running that in Linux. IF it does run in WINE (would be excellent if
it does!) then it would be an invaluable addition to any Linux music
guru's software collection.

I might actually have a go and let you know how things turn out...