[Nottingham] Epoch 1234567890 tomorrow night

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Feb 12 13:51:12 UTC 2009

Michael Erskine wrote:
> Prepare your celebration triggers for Epoch 1234567890 tomorrow night.
>
> http://www.coolepochcountdown.com/

Very cool and nicely done :-)

> Personally I'll be using Perl's time() and gmtime() builtins (perldoc
> -f time) and Device::SerialPort to trigger an Arduino to switch a 13A
> power socket to start a drill to kickstart a motorcycle that will...

Now _that_ is even more cool!

What /have/ people been doin' with all those Arduinos?

And I'm sure there's various handy solid-state mains relays to use.
Strip down one of those remote-control mains switchers? Or even hijack
the remote for them for the Arduino to wobble? (Due caution required for
opto-isolation or transformer isolation needed if wired directly!)

martin at ml1.co.uk