[Nottingham] [Social] **TODAY** 18/2/2009 Big Wok

ForkBombFluf fluf at freeshell.org
Fri Feb 20 22:48:09 UTC 2009

On Fri, 20 Feb 2009, Simon Osborne wrote:

> 2009/2/18 ForkBombFluf <fluf at freeshell.org>
>
>> Me again, with a friendly meeting reminder:
>
> And I couldn't make it :(
>
> I must try harder!
>
> Hope those that attended had a good night.

Hi Simon, yes we did.  I won't do him the disservice of publicly butching
his name, but we even had a friendly young German chap from Australia (!)
come pay us a visit.  He is on a working/experimenting tour around Europe
and just happened to be in Nottingham on the night.

Discussion was plentiful and varied, but included virtualisation, KDE vs.
Windows 7, the growing use of Windows at universities (and the
consequential shrinking use of Unices), the woes of trying to get a
reliable quality and nearly-realitime audio link out of somewhere where
hardwired networking isn't an option, and of course the wonderful choice
of venue for the inhalation of fine Chinese cuisine. :-)

Next social will be a long overdue return to a place we've not been in a
few years (no, relax, I'm not talking about an Information Day at Green's
Windmill!)

http://www.antalya.co.uk/

On March 18th For some fine Turkish cuisine (and no doubt some
complimentary liquor to wash it down [hic])

May the shebang be with you,  ;-)

-Stef