[Nottingham] [Talk] Thurs 02/07/09 What's in a Filesystem?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue Jul 7 21:45:18 UTC 2009

Martin wrote:
> Folks,
>
> For our next talk, a mini-talk on:
>
> What's in a Filesystem?
>
> A brief-ish comment on the various Linux filesystems available and which
> one/ones to choose.
>

> Followed by general discussion, beers, whatever! Perhaps even go diskless?!

...And there was more discussion than talk!

A very good welcome to the new member on the night. I guess we all
forget that there's a 1001 questions for when first starting out or
experimenting with a new OS.

So... A multi-part comment across the next threads...

1:

Filesystems; (I never did actually get as far as mentioning any!)

2:

Linux on old hardware;

3:

The Navvy!

Foodie social next on Wed 15/07/2009 (Stef?). Also a Blue Moon Beeston
beers 'cos this is one of those /strange/ months!

Cheers All,

martin at ml1.co.uk