[Nottingham] Nottingham Digest, Vol 301, Issue 2

Richard Ward daedalusfall at gmail.com
Tue Jul 14 22:08:06 UTC 2009

There seems to be a dearth of good video editors on Linux, or at least a
dearth of free/open ones. The FSF lists this as a 'High Prority Project'
('http://www.fsf.org/campaigns/priority.html#videoediting), which I take
to mean that they think the current projects aren't great. I recently
needed to splice some stuff together, and tested out most of the ones
listed on that site, and only one (PiTiVi) seemed able to do what I
wanted. Even then I had to do it in small sections as the UI kept going
wrong. I'd be interested if anyone can mention any they've had luck with.