[Nottingham] Why free software shouldn't depend on Mono or C#

Joshua Lock incandescant at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 15:34:11 UTC 2009

2009/7/20 Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk>:
> Folks,
>
> Rather an interesting post:
>

> Why free software shouldn't depend on Mono or C#
>
> http://www.fsf.org/news/dont-depend-on-mono
>

> Fanciful?
> Extremist?
> A form of self-sabotage?

A bunch of C# and the CLI are now available under the community promise

http://tirania.org/blog/archive/2009/Jul-06.html

AFAIK, please correct me if I'm wrong, the only parts which aren't
covered are WinForms, ASPX and other Windowsy things.

IMHO the above are points worth noting for this discussion.

> ... But... Note also the ever increasing debacle for using VFAT... And
> the past silliness with mp3... And the very expensive SCO attacks...
>
> It's all a jungle out there!
>
> Cheers,
> Martin
>
> --