No subject

Wed Jul 15 11:13:46 UTC 2009

Parallel BASH
=============

Or:

How to make use of all of your multiple CPU cores from just one command
line or script;

Or how to run tasks faster;

Or how to get really dizzy trying to follow what's happening! :-)

Including, how to find a few primes using bash. Anyone up for concocting
the fastest bash script for finding all primes from 2 to 2^32? (As timed
on my Atom based netbook.)

For expert and novice alike, it all should be good fun!

All at our usual Navvy to also navigate a few stories and a few beers:

The Navigation

http://www.thenavvy.co.uk/

*WEDNESDAY* 03/03/2010

Meet:	19:30
(in the bar somewhere - look for penguins or just shout "where's NLUG!")

Talk/Questions/Discussion:	20:00
(in the room upstairs)

Beers and Linux and other topics until 23:00

The Navigation Inn
6 Wilford Street
Nottingham
NG2 1AA
Tel: 0115 9417139

http://www.pub-explorer.com/notts/pub/navigationinnnottingham.htm
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=52.948&lon=-1.1518&scale=10000&icon=x

We head up to the large room upstairs at round abouts 8pm.
And the gallon of beer question is: Is the WiFi access there now?!

To find us, just look for any penguins or a cluster of netbooks!
Or ask the friendly bar staff.

All welcome,

martin at ml1.co.uk