[Nottingham] BBC Radio4 program tonight 01/06/2009: 'open source' computer software

James Dobson dob_3001 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 3 13:07:13 UTC 2009

> secret
> location for anyone who wants it... unless you're a
> copyright
> enforcer, in which case, I don't have a copy :)

I find it hard to believe that a FTA transmission that can be recorded by numerous different methods could uphold any complaint about hosting an unaltered version, I think if you had the latest doctor who episode they might be more upset as the content has much value than say a radio show about an OS which apparently has less than 1% market share (on the desktop).

The amazing paranoia around content leads to stories like..

http://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2009/05/when-fair-use-fairly

and just for fun ....

http://www.itsbetterwithwindows.com/

JD