[Nottingham] [Talk] Thurs 02/07/09 What's in a Filesystem?

Jim Moore jmthelostpacket at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 29 16:39:38 UTC 2009

xfs seems to do the trick for my HTPC stack (SoftRAID6, 3 dozen disks)
- it's certainly fast enough to feed HD video through a pair of
cat5's... as to system drives, it's Reiser3.6 all the way for me. It's
quick, more or less stable, and as to yet, I've not had a single fatal
bitflip (unlike my adventures in NTFS3/4/5 or v/FAT/16/32).