[Nottingham] Thursday Meeting

ForkBombFluf fluf at freeshell.org
Wed Mar 4 20:51:09 UTC 2009

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009, g_allinson at ntlworld.com wrote:

> Hi All This n00b's still going to come to the meet, think I'll introduce
> myself which i didn't do in my first post. (how rude of me)
>
> Well My names Glyn, 34. live in sherwood. I've not been using Linux that
> long only about 2 years, mostly Ubuntu now. Have 8 PC's in the house, 1
> with Vista, 4 with XP, 1 with Windows 7 beta and 2 with Ubuntu. The
> Ubuntu machine are mine, tho I still use 1 of the XP machines now and
> then. Most Gamers here (not me)
>
> Well thats enough for now.
> Take Care.
> Glyn

Hi Glyn,

Welcome to the fold.  I've got the machine/OS plethora going on too
(including Apple Macs in the mix), though I haven't found the time or
inclination to test drive Windows 7 beta just yet.  How do you like it so
far?  Any less frustrating than Vista? :-)

I probably won't make tomorrow nights meeting, but hope to make your
acquiantance at some stage in the future.

The next meet after tomorrow will be the social in about a fortnight--
March 18th at Antalya (a Turkish restaurant of some note).

Back at the Navigation for tech meet and beer on April 2nd.

Cheerz,

-Stef