[Nottingham] Getting PHP files to work under Apache2

Hazel Windle hazel at hazeldle.wanadoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 8 12:09:12 UTC 2009

Hello,

I'm having trouble getting php files to work on my Apache2 webserver. I run
Suse Linux 11.1, and I have installed Apache2, PHP5, Apache2modPHP5, and
Mysql. I installed Mysql first and that works fine then I installed Apache2
and PHP5 using YAST. I edited my http.conf file to include the line "AddType
application/x-httpd-php .php but that didn't work for some reason, I obviously
stopped and started the web server with apache2ctl after doing so. Does anyone
know how to fix this?

Hazel Windle