[Nottingham] Hello

Michael Erskine msemtd at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 19 10:27:22 UTC 2009

2009/3/19 Richard Ward <daedalusfall at gmail.com>:
> Well I was running windows at the time... I dual boot for games and
> such. And I'm aware that its silly to join a LUG while booted into
> windows ;)

Hehehe - that isn't silly at all - I'm currently on a Windows machine
- as part of my job I hasten to add!

> Though now I'm in Ubuntu it still won't authorise. Shame on Ubuntu.

Well, I don't think it's any reflection on Ubuntu for the browser not
to accept certs from an untrusted source. If the user wants to
override this behaviour, whilst understanding the potential
consequences of course, they are free to do so. There are greater
minds than ours on the task of establishing which cert authorities are
trustworthy.

Regards,
Michael Erskine.