[Nottingham] Navigation meeting, 2nd April (email!)

Jim Moore jmthelostpacket at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 30 13:35:41 UTC 2009

£25 delivered from Inkino (inkino.co.uk), tho if  you shop around
you'll find nobrand adapters for half that. PSU burnouts are a fairly
common problem on the 701's; you're probably better off getting a
newer brick type adapter from Asus than the plug-in type.

As long as the replacement adapter has a regulated output of 9.5-10V
at 23+W (2.3A) you'll be fine. DON'T go overvoltage (ie no 12V output
adapters) or you'll burn the unit out. Undervolt is OK as long as
you're within 10% of the rated output of 10V and the PSU is capable of
pumping out the extra current to make up the shortfall - caveat:
you'll find, if you use a lower voltage PSU, that the battery won't
last as long.

HTH