[Nottingham] Mega-pixel webcams

Jim Moore jmthelostpacket at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 18 17:36:40 UTC 2009

are you using the xsane backend? Seems to work for me, it uses the
kernel driver as given and performs the decompression then passes the
image data as a png bitmap (still trying to persuade it to pass it as
a TIFF but there ya go...)

Thought: is the limitation you're coming across due to the V4L
processor which dates from 2003?

Vi veri veniversum vivus vici