[Nottingham] Possibility of help?

sean seankenny at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 16:06:20 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've just sent my daughter off to Uni in Nottingham with an Asus
Netbook running eeebuntu that I set up before she left to
automagically connect to any wifi network she came across (she has
wifi included in her rent). Here in Bristol I tested it to be "fashion
and media studies" student proof and had no problems. however she's
got up there and all her friends Windows laptops are connecting
seamlessly but she can't see any network, let alone configure it. It's
not proved possible to t/shoot with her over the phone and I'm not
going up to visit till the end of October so was wondering if any kind
soul in the LUG might be able to give her a hand. I've told her "I
might be able to get a geek to come round". There's a virtual pint in
it.

Thanks in anticipation

Sean

http://www.bristolwireless.net