[Nottingham] [a netbook distro - finally?]

Going It Alone reggaemaker at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 8 14:44:52 UTC 2009

Another interesting attempt to build a distro for the netbook.  xPUD.
It's an ongoing developement.  xPUD doesn't have the polished and
shiney look of Moblin Remix but it's not shabby either.  Weighing in
at a hefty 51mb download (compared to 660mb for Moblin Remix!) it's
not bloated with *Bling Looks* yet it still looks pleasing to the eye.

http://www.xpud.org/

If anyone has tested this distro on a netbook can you post a
performance review, please :)

2009/10/8 Sergiusz Pawlowicz <sergiusz at pawlowicz.name>:
> On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 10:32, Matthew Tompsett <matthewbpt at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ubuntu 9.10 is going to have a Moblin Remix, I think this sounds extremely
>> promising for netbooks, you can get the daily live cd's
>> from http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-moblin-remix/daily-live/current/ ,
>> it's still a bit buggy but seems very promising. I like the original Moblin
>> but I found it lacked the community and the software repositories of Ubuntu.
>
> I've tested it, and do not recon. It looks it is on alpha stage of
> developement :(
>
> Serge

Click the link below and tune in to {Een-Gesin Net Radio}

http://een-gesin.kicks-ass.org