[Nottingham] Thunderbird 3.0.4 mail message drag'n'drop

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Apr 26 14:53:49 UTC 2010

On 26/04/10 15:14, Michael Simms wrote:
> Hi Martin,
>
> I think you may have a bug, I'm on 3.0.4 and I can drag messages around.
> Dragging from the subject browser that is at the top by default, into
> the folder list on the left. I cant drag into directories, like I could
> in Evolution, but folders, no problem.

> On 04/26/2010 01:43 PM, Martin wrote:
>> In the new Thunderbird 3.0.4:
>>
>> How can you drag a mail message from the inbox into a mail folder? I've
>> tried doing that as you would do on earlier versions of Thundebird, but
>> now nothing happens.
>>
>> Using "move to" from the menus works, but that is horribly slow to do
>> compared to visually dragging a message title to a mail folder (as you
>> would expect to do on a GUI)...

OK... upon further experimenting, I too think it is a bug!

This is on Mandriva 2010.0.

Running Thunderbird 3.0.4 for the first time, the migration wizard did
it's stuff and thence no drag'n'drop. I also had the usual security
exception to allow for an out of date certificate for a TLS imap connection.

Restarting Thunderbird and now, magically, the message drag'n'drop works
fine. Also, information bubbles pop up when the cursor is left over
various items. Rather curious.

So, it does work. Perhaps Thunderbird 3.0.4 isn't so bad after all! I
couldn't believe they could have left that feature out!

Now to explore what's new.

Don't think I need the global mail indexing. See how the other features
work out.

martin at ml1.co.uk