[Nottingham] Simple database software (new thread)

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Apr 30 19:56:55 UTC 2010

On 30/04/10 19:59, Stripes wrote:
> People,
>
> I am emigrating and need to make up full inventory of what is going
> in the freight container. I am looking for a simple Linux database
> that I can record Name, Description and a Photograph of the item. Any
> recommendations?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Stripes

Oooeeer... You been watching too much MIB? Or planning on putting a
webcam in there??... ;-)

Silly quips aside :-)

Either of PostgreSQL or MySQL would be nicely overkill. Excellent if you
want to learn about using databases.

But... What more functionality do you need beyond that of just a
spreadsheet for managing a list of items?

Hence: OOCalc (Open Office Calc)

Unless you really do need the database functionality.

More interestingly: What would people recommend as a good database client?

New thread started. Please use "new" for new threads. Replying to an
existing thread with a different title is rather confusing!

martin at ml1.co.uk