[Nottingham] Free latest Linux magazines

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Dec 2 16:34:00 UTC 2010

On 26/11/10 14:32, Martin wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've kindly been sent a selection of the latest Linux magazines
> including disks to offer to the group:
>
> Linux Magazine (latest 3 issues);
> Ubuntu User (latest 2 issues);
> and the first issue of the newly released Admin Magazine.
>
> I've got two copies of each for anyone interested to pick up at the next
> meeting.

OK, so most of them went. Hope they make for an interesting read.

For the rather 'geekie' group of us, we were left wondering how computer
magazines at fairly high prices are going to survive the onslaught of
on-line content.

I guess the articles aim to be 'introductory' and so leave the 'geekie'
stuff to those already 'geekie' enough to go web surfing.

I'll be keeping with my "Linux Format" for light reading and to support
the good cause :-)

Still, very interesting that the number of Linux mags is /increasing/
whilst the PC-mag scene seems to be in malaise.

martin at ml1.co.uk