[Nottingham] Free latest Linux magazines

Rohaq rohaq at dearinternet.com
Fri Dec 3 01:45:33 UTC 2010

I think that the benefit of tutorials in magazines is that they're far more
likely to be current than most things you'll find in a basic Google search;
usually tutorials you find online are massively outdated and irrelevant if
you're running any current distros/packages. Sometimes Google's 'In the last
x months/years' option down the left can help, but I've found it's hit and
miss.

In my case, I've been trying to find some more current tutorials and info
for SciPy (Python's science/engineering library), but most tutorials I've
found were written for older versions of the library, or older versions of
Python, and don't work in Python 2.7/SciPy 0.8.0 (I know SciPy is only
officially compiled for Pyth 2.6 to date, but I've managed to find one for
2.7 that seems to work). Most disappointing.