[Nottingham] [Talk] *Wed* 03/02/2010 From Switch On to Desktop

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Jan 29 16:39:23 UTC 2010

Folks,

Note the change of day to *Wednesdays* for the talks meets. Good, bad,
or indifferent? Let me know please!

For our next talk the subject is a non-geekie view of what happens when
you switch on your PC through to when you see your desktop displayed.

The essential details will be skimmed through so that an idea can be
gained of what is involved. I'm also very amenable to be plied with beer
later for the deeper geekie detail!

All at our usual Navvy to navigate a few stories and a few beers:

The Navigation

http://www.thenavvy.co.uk/

*WEDNESDAY* 03/02/2010

Meet:	19:30
(in the bar somewhere - look for penguins or just shout "where's NLUG!")

Talk/Questions/Discussion:	20:00
(in the room upstairs)

Beers and Linux and other topics until 23:00

The Navigation Inn
6 Wilford Street
Nottingham
NG2 1AA
Tel: 0115 9417139

http://www.pub-explorer.com/notts/pub/navigationinnnottingham.htm
http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?lat=52.948&lon=-1.1518&scale=10000&icon=x

We head up to the large room upstairs at round abouts 8pm.
And the gallon of beer question is: Is the WiFi access there now?!

To find us, just look for any penguins or a cluster of netbooks!
Or ask the friendly bar staff.

All welcome,

martin at ml1.co.uk