[Nottingham] query on new laptop

James Holland modestforagenius at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 20:44:04 UTC 2010

I have a friend with a Dell laptop that runs Ubuntu very well.
HP also have good Linux support, I have heard. From experience, their
printers do, although I don't know whether this extends to laptops.
Your best bet is to look on a reputable reviews website like PCPro and then
Google Ubuntu + the laptop name, to see others experiences.

On 13 July 2010 21:03, stripes <stripes at roppa.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I am planning to get a new 64-bit laptop (prefer NVDIA graphics) and
> run ubuntu.  What makes would you suggest?   I prefer HP and Dell
> (have an XPS 1330 running lucid lynx) and have had experience with
> Acer (mixed) and Toshiba (not so good).
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> thanks
> stripes