[Nottingham] query on new laptop

Camilo Mesias camilo at mesias.co.uk
Wed Jul 14 21:46:26 UTC 2010

Hi,

I don't have a webcam at the moment but I thought they worked with the
browser flash plugin - so should work with most web applications. As
for a native app, gnome has Cheese: http://projects.gnome.org/cheese/

I always run Linux on my laptops, but I admit I give them a few boots
to Windows first just to see if there's anything awesome I'm
missing... There have been a few niggles over the years, accelerated
graphics is one, suspend resume can be troublesome, status lights for
wireless, built-in card readers, hard disk management, fan control
etc.but mostly it just works. I'm getting a new netbook soon so will
have to see how well it works. When I choose, I look at price, the
benchmarks of the CPU and graphics, and whether the RAM is upgradable,
beyond that is the keyboard usable and what's the quality of the
screen...

-Cam