[Nottingham] Maillist notes

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Jun 4 10:31:36 UTC 2010

On 04/06/10 11:09, James Holland wrote:
> I agree with Stef. I've already switched my email format to plain-text
> to suit this list. I have no idea if Gmail formats its replies in a
> way that suits the (arbitrary) rules of the board, so I often refrain
> from posting, especially on long threads with nested replies.

There's no "hard and fast" "rules" for this list other than for common
sense and for what people want. Trying to be consistent is good also.
It's all your list.

Posting from anyone shouldn't be discouraged either. Hence the present
bit o' debate...

> We should all switch to Google Wave: This is exactly the kind of thing
> its useful for!

Interesting idea and good if it's not going to be a 'passing fad'...

We've considered forums in the past and stuck with the maillist because
it is robust, has a long history, has archives, and everyone knows how
to use it easily...

I guess it suits a 'low impact' requirement from many people.

There's the NLUG IRC channel for those more online... ;-)

And we (I?) really need to pick up the NLUG website!

It's all your group!

martin at ml1.co.uk