[Nottingham] Farewell (email and posting)

Roger Light roger at atchoo.org
Fri Jun 4 11:02:13 UTC 2010

Hi,

> The KILLER is when I'm 'on the road' on my admittedly rather old mobile
> device and I'm charged a fortune by the byte for downloading mail that
> is many times longer than it need be.

Have you looked around for other providers? O2 does 300 texts and
"unlimited" web for a £10 payg top up. Coupled with my £20 phone, I'm
happy enough checking emails without worrying - although writing them
on it isn't exactly fun! :)

Three are doing some really good deals on smart phones now - £16/month
contract (over two years mind) which gives you "unlimited" internet,
and 100 texts or minutes per month. Oh, and that with an HTC Hero or
other smart phone (which is the geek angle). Very tempting indeed!

Cheers,

Roger