[Nottingham] Maillist notes

Mike Cardwell nlug at lists.grepular.com
Fri Jun 4 12:34:02 UTC 2010

On 04/06/2010 11:31, Martin wrote:

>> We should all switch to Google Wave: This is exactly the kind of thing
>> its useful for!
>
> Interesting idea and good if it's not going to be a 'passing fad'...

Terrible idea. Some people don't want an account with Google...

Why replace an open, distributed, highly redundant, ubiquitous,
extensible, tried and tested messaging platform like email with a less
reliable, closed system designed, built and run by a single American
company which offers no guarantees as to its future?

--
Mike Cardwell - Perl/Java/Web developer, Linux admin, Email admin
Read my tech Blog -              https://secure.grepular.com/