[Nottingham] Putting remote ssh processes into the background

Going It Alone reggaemaker at googlemail.com
Fri Mar 12 03:49:39 UTC 2010

This may be the solution:
http://www.rackaid.com/resources/linux-screen-tutorial-and-how-to/

Quote: "The second way to leave screen is to detach from a windows.
This method leaves the process running and simple closes the window.
If you have really long processes, you need to close your SSH program,
you can detach from the window using “Ctrl-A” “d”. This will drop you
into your shell. All screen windows are still there and you can
re-attach to them later."