[Nottingham] Nottinghack Open Meetup

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Sat Mar 20 20:52:57 UTC 2010

Martin wrote:
[---]
> ####
> There's an open Nottinghack meetup on Wed 24th at 1930 in the Olde
> Salutation. We've at least 12 confirmed. It's a project show-n-tell and
> meet new members (11 this week registered).
>
> We have a meetup page www.meetup.com/nottinghack where interested people
> can register etc folk can just turn up if they wish!
>
> www.nottinghack.com should be live in a week or so also.
>
> Dominic Morrow
> ####
>

> Resurrect the Arduinos?

Hope this isn't pushing it too far for the arduinos...

Bumbling around for something completely unconnected, I stumbled through
this sequence that might make for an arduino idea:

Amazing Animation Sound Machine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YD_o09sih8

... well, there's quite a few of 'em!

(For those in a rush, the really amazin' stuff is at the end...)

A small selection are:

Ball Machine HD - my version of Animusic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Etha6NJtX0s

Animusic 2 - Fiber Bundles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoUtUxY81fM

Animusic 2 - Gyro Drums
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=381IrDcy1S8

Harmonic Balance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWEnK12Yeis

Anyone got a load of Meccano to dedicate to this one?

"Drum Machine Set" - Animusic.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af3w8LornUY

And for this one?

"Resonant Chamber" - Animusic.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toXNVbvFXyk

Even more amazing, these are for real!

One Man Band 2 - Animusic 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PTh509wFOo

Arno Fabre Electronic sound installation Dropper 01 at Gaudeamus Music Week
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoTeIeG76z4

Take 5 - the Pat Metheny orchestration
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDj1H3TzUY4

Pat Metheny - The Orchestrion EPK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VymAn8QJNQ

Aside: Here's Pat for just a guitar solo in concert:

Pat Metheny Live In Switzerland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvaVQZP6A_M

Anyone on for an Arduino Orchestrion?!

Or more minimalist, an arduino sound-to-whatever?

Hope of interest,

martin at ml1.co.uk