[Nottingham] Training

James Holland modestforagenius at gmail.com
Thu May 6 17:07:44 UTC 2010

Very feasible. I'm looking at doing something like this in the near future.
Why not sponge off some students' tuition fees and take a look through the
slides and video lectures for the University of Nottingham's Unix and
Software Tools module?
This module is taught to first year Computer Science students and assumes no
knowledge of UNIX, and only basic knowledge of simple computing paradigms
("files", "programs")
The lectures can be a little slow, but you'll have the opertunity to skip
through the boring bits (an opportunity I would have relished when doing the
actual module!)

On 6 May 2010 17:16, <barry at barryrothery.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello - just joined the group mailing list yesterday.
>
> I've been using Linux (Ubuntu) for a few months and, having dived in to the
> CLI, I'm looking at options for a professional qualification.
>
> I'm currently ploughing through the LPIC-1 Study Guide (Wiley Publishing)
> with a view to self tuition followed by the exam(s).
>
> Is this a feasible way of going about things?  Anyone else taken this
> route?
>
> My only previous experience is XHTML and CSS.

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more
like?