[Nottingham] Zero-PHP wiki!?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed May 19 11:22:46 UTC 2010

On 19/05/10 12:06, Martin wrote:
> Thanks for some good comments.
>
> For web page page loading speed in general, very useful would be much
> shorter timeouts on loading hideously slow 3rd party adverts serving...

[rant]
For my particular annoyance, I suspect it it just very convoluted
database lookups from spaghetti php that is killing performance, even
for a decent fast machine. A cynical streak would also guess there's
likely various unnecessary overly wide global locks hidden in there
strangling things...

Is good clean efficient design really so difficult?!
[/rant]

I guess the 'black box' approach is to look at caching whatever can be
cached...

martin at ml1.co.uk